Why hire a property manager for your Atlanta investment home or Decatur home?
Many investors successfully manage their own Atlanta property and the expense of a property manager seems unnecessary. A professional property manager can perform many functions you may not have considered.,
- They can advertise and promote your property. When your property is vacant, obtaining a qualilfied tenant quickly is important. Property managers can advertise your investment property on numerous websites and with local Realtors.
- They can vet your prospective tenants. Property managers use reliable screening methods that assure your tenants pass credit, background and eviction checks, and require employment and former residence references as well.
- They can inspect your property and make recommendations for repairs. A responsible property manager can arrange regular inspections, prepare the property for new tenants, perform Move In/Move-Out inspections, and can set up regular HVAC checks for Fall and Spring.
- They can prepare a comprehensive Lease. In Georgia, most property managers use the Georgia Association of Realtors Lease (GAR), which is updated and reviewed frequently by a panel of attorneys.
- They can provide Monthly and Year-End Reports. Most professional property managers provide Monthly Reports outlining expenses and rent income, as well as Year-end Reports and forms for tax purposes.
- They can answer those midnight calls so you can sleep! Perhaps one unappreciated function of a good property manager is handling the tenant calls for repairs - no matter the time.